Tuesday, April 8, 2008

We survived!

We made it to Nebraska! We got here at midnight on Saturday, or I suppose it was really Sunday. We crashed at my sister Jesicah's house and then Sunday morning some wonderful men from our new ward and some family members helped to unload the truck. It only took about 2 hours and I was so surprised it went so fast!

Not much was harmed in the move. That made me quite happy. The move TO Texas 3 years ago was a little hard on my new furniture.

We are still staying at my sister's house and slowly getting our house put together and unpacked. We hope to be sleeping there by Saturday. Email me to get our new address and phone numbers!

The kids started school today. They think its great to be going to the same elementary school that I went to when I first moved to Lincoln. Not much has changed inside the school! Sort of brings back weird memories of going there.

Adam is in training for the next two weeks with his new job. He likes it but is still nervous that he does not know enough. I keep telling him that they would not have hired him if they thought he didn't know enough or couldn't do the job!

Maren is sick. She needs to go see a doctor. She had tubes put in a week ago and now she's sick and rubbing her ears again and has had a fever for 2 days. This poor girl just can't get a break. Tomorrow I have to call our old pediatrician and see if they will take us back as patients and add Maren into the mix since she wasn't here last time we saw them. I really hope they will, because we really liked our doctor.

My camera is hiding from me so I have no pictures to show of the move or our house. I'll try to find it this week.

Wish us luck unpacking and getting settled in!


Teri Le said...

I'm glad you made it safe and sound!! Can't wait to see pics!

wendysue said...

Yippee! I'm so glad you're here! We need to plan a girls night just like the old days soon!

Melissa said...

You've been tagged! Check out the rules on our blog. (bjandmelski.spaces.live.com)