It really sucks!
Adam took work off all this week (its Spring Break for the kids too) so we could work on getting the house ready to put on the market on March 24th. The realtor will be here that day to take pictures and put the sign in the yard! Then the gossip can begin and I am sure everyone in our ward will be calling us to ask us whats up.
Here is a list of what we have accomplished so far.
- installed the new faucets in upstairs bathroom
- fixed cabinet door in upstairs bathroom
- reinstalled laundry room shelf
- caulked and paint touch ups on shelf in laundry room
- scrubbed both doors in laundry room
- fixed hole in wall in laundry room, the doorknob hit it when the doorstop was off when tiling
- installed new light in laundry room
- planted 6 new bushes in front of house
- weeded flower beds
- cleaned all light fixtures in the kitchen, those things got greasy!
- paint touch ups in kitchen
- sorted through all clothes to donate to goodwill (7 bags full!)
- caulked new sink and toilet in half bath
- paint touch ups on baseboards in half bath
- started priming Maija's room so we can paint it a neutral color. NOTE to those considering painting... DON'T USE COLORPLACE PRIMER! Its awful and doesn't work. We took the rest of it back and bought Kilz. Lesson learned.
- put all baseboards back up, caulked and paint touch ups on them, they were taken down when we tiled the floors
- paint touch ups on front door and trim
- lots of wall cleaning from dirty kid fingers and paint touch ups here and there
All of these crazy projects we started a long time ago have all crept up and hit us now that we are selling. We should have finished them years ago and sat back and enjoyed our work. I think we will join procrastinators anonymous!